Benchmark Glass & Mirror, LLC
Shower Door Warranty Information
Benchmark Glass warranties all of our shower door installations and hardware against workmanship and manufacturing defects for a period of one (1) year from date of installation. If at any time during this period, you feel as though the original installation is failing, we will come and verify the issue, access the problem and make any necessary repair at no charge. After year one there will be a $135.00 service call charge (plus any required parts) for any service/repair requests.
- Polycarbonate or Acrylic sweeps, seals and doorstops are not warrantied. Keep in mind that replacement of these materials is considered routine maintenance and needs to be done periodically; therefore they are considered the owner’s responsibility.
- There is no warranty against glass breakage or chipping once the product has left our care and custody. If breakage does occur at any time we will make every reasonable effort to make a quick replacement at the most reasonable price. Manufacturer defects in glass can occur from time to time and are typically within acceptable industry standards. However, if we have missed something in our inspection process, you will have up to 14 days from the installation date to bring this to our attention.
- This warranty does not cover damage caused through faulty design of your residence or business, adjustments required due to house settling, damage or failure due to misuse, careless handling, alteration, misapplication, improper use of cleaning products, accidents, owner negligence, abuse, or to acts of nature.
- Use of harsh, abnormal or abrasive chemical cleaning products will void the warranty; please follow guidelines provided for proper maintenance.
- Discoloration or stains due to improper water chemistry, hard and non-filtered well water are not covered.
- This warranty does not cover water leakage on any frameless or semi-frameless shower enclosure. Due to the nature and design of these products it is not always possible to achieve a water tight seal when no frame is used.
- All sales are final. We do not issue refunds.
- Our warranty is offered to the original purchaser and only as it relates to the original installation.
Important Shower Enclosure Information
The best method to keep your glass sparkling clean is to wipe the glass surface with a squeegee after every use. This will ensure that water and soap residue does not have a chance to dry on the glass surface. After using a squeegee, use a clean soft towel or microfiber cloth to dry the frame and hardware. For light cleaning, avoid using any acid-based cleaning solutions, which are capable of damaging the metal or glass of your enclosure. Instead use a vinegar and water solution or a denatured alcohol and water solution. You can also use a few drops of a mild soap such as dishwashing liquid and warm water.
REMEMBER that the handles, towel bars and hinges are NOT designed to support your weight, that’s what grab bars are for. Never lean on the glass or push/pull with force as this can weaken the entire unit and can cause significant damage. The hinges on your door are designed to self-center within 5 degrees and are self-closing from 25 degrees.
NEVER use abrasive powders, abrasive pads, steel wool or products containing bleach or ammonia. These strong chemicals can corrode your hardware as well as compromise the silicone seals. Maintaining your polycarbonate door sweep (if included) is also important. Because seals are subject to friction wear (like windshield wipers), they are designed to be replaceable and are not a warranted item. To extend the life of your door sweep, simply clean with a mild soap and warm water. Do not use bleach, ammonia or any strong chemicals which will make the seals brittle and discolored.
Things to know about a Frameless Shower Enclosure
Frameless shower doors are NOT going to be water tight. A frameless shower door has by design small gaps in the hinges, seams and around the door. Gaps exist because the unit lacks the traditional thick metal frames. The gaps are in fact required to assure proper operation of the door. There are polycarbonate seals that can be added to lessen any leakage such as a bottom door sweep or a strike if your unit consists of a door and panel. Although polycarbonates are helpful, it may not completely eliminate water leaking out. Here are some issues to be avoided and tips to reduce the chance of water leakage:
- Proper construction of your opening is imperative. Ensuring that your walls are plumb, level, and square will help all the pieces fit together more smoothly and will look the most appealing when done.
- The tile on the shower curb should slightly slope toward the shower. If the tile slopes out, water is naturally going to follow gravity and could end up outside your shower.
- NEVER point a shower head or direct water spray directly at the frameless shower door or panels! The polycarbonate seals help improve water tightness but a glass shower door is not an aquarium!
Although we try to point out any potential issues when measuring (i.e. tile slopes the wrong way, walls that are not plumb and level, or the orientation of a shower head) we cannot always distinguish what may or may not become an issue. We install hundreds of frameless shower enclosures every year and have minimal water leakage reports. Due to the nature of frameless shower enclosures, we cannot provide a warranty against water leakage. See additional warranty information. All sales are final.
Insulated Glass Warranty
Benchmark Glass will warranty insulated glass units against material obstruction to vision due to defects in the material or workmanship which results in film formation or dust collection on the interior glass caused exclusively from the failure of the hermetic seal, other than through glass breakage, for a period of ten (10) years from the original installation date. This warranty will cover materials and labor for one (1) year after installation date. After year one, only the cost of materials will be covered and the customer will be solely responsible for the labor costs.
Additional Information on Window Glass/Hardware Repairs
Benchmark Glass will not be responsible for blinds, curtains, shutters, furniture, decorations etc. in or around area of glass/hardware replacement. If items need to be removed Benchmark Glass will not be responsible for damage or breakage during removal or re-installation. Benchmark Glass will not be responsible for repairs of hardware, frames, locks or other items that are unrelated to the original glass/hardware replacement that were unforeseen in the original inspection. Customer will be responsible for any costs incurred for additional parts and labor for any additional repairs that may be needed.